UOS – Call For Artists
Are you ready to UnOpen your studio?
Artists and Galleries who wish to participate in UnOpen Studios should follow the guidelines below for our ongoing Call For Artists.
- Hah! None! That’s right. Spend your money on art supplies, not an entry fee.
- All entries must be from artists or galleries within the Sacramento – Stockton – Modesto market (includes Placer and Yolo county artists and galleries).
- This is an ongoing Call For Artists. There is no submission deadline at this time, but the earlier you create your videos the more people will get to see them!
- Videos may be up to 5 minutes maximum, one video per artist or gallery during our open Call For Artists.
- Videos should be in HIGH RESOLUTION. 1920×1080 or 4K are preferred. Landscape is preferred to portrait. Make sure you have edited your videos with clean space at the beginning and end.
- If you use any music in your video it MUST be public domain. Preference is that you do not use music so there will be no issue in using your content online or in media.
- Video must showcase you in your studio or gallery space working on a specific art project you can talk about and display (show items that are indicative of your typical artwork that a customer might purchase).
- Other people may appear in your video but all visible participants must be over 18 (in case you want your kid to hold up your artwork in the background).
- If you already post regular video content to YouTube you may enter the same video here, and if added we will link to your original YouTube content. Above guidelines still apply.
- Contact information may be added to your video (add your website only – do not put phone numbers in your video).
- You get the amazing and unique privilege to make art for everyone to see!
- Commissions? Maybe? We can’t control who may or may not contact you should you choose to add your website in your video. If you get a commission or purchase based on your video we’d love to hear about it!
- Seriously, there probably won’t be any sort of cash prizes but we may come up with something fun and creative for highest rated or most watched videos.
Contact us by using the form below to participate – you will be given instructions on how to upload your video. We reserve the right, and we will contact you if we are unable to use your video for any reason.
By participating you authorize The Art Lady and UnOpen Studios to publish your video on web, social media, and in press releases to local media. Artists retain all rights to their displayed works.